Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico’s (BCBSNM) health and wellness ambassador, Blue Bear, promotes healthy activities throughout New Mexico. Blue Bear visits health fairs, charitable events, and community health events, often with the BCBSNM Care Van®. Blue Bear is “brought to life” through our Blue Bear Cub Club employee volunteers.
Blue Bear is both a mascot and a messenger. Even though Blue Bear doesn’t “speak,” he helps share our message about healthy living, exercising, and giving back to our communities.
Some of the events that Blue Bear attends include:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk
- Operation Back to School, which delivers supplies to students in underserved communities
- Special Olympics Summer Games
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation walk
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving walk
- Adopt-a-Senior Christmas gift deliveries to seniors in need
Blue Bear also makes regular appearances on our Facebook page, promoting healthy eating and an active lifestyle. You might see Blue Bear hiking, walking, and lifting weights to inspire New Mexican’s to do the same. Blue Bear loves to make new friends, so if you see him around, stop and say hello.